A slurp of good whisky conjures images of rugged, windswept landscapes, rich earthy ingredients, and centuries-old craftsmanship (depending on how much you’ve had). But drop a couple of ice cubes into the mix and all that heady imagery becomes... well, a bit weak.
Now, some argue that you shouldn’t chill a whisky at all. Others argue it’s essential. But where we can all agree is that no one likes their tipple diluted by frozen tap water. So for those whisky drinkers who like it cold we’ve found a suitably rugged middle ground.
Whisky Stones are hewn by one of the oldest soapstone workshops in the US. Store them in your freezer in their tough muslin bag and when you’re ready for a drink, pop a couple (gently) into your glass. Pour over your whisky and they’ll chill it like any ice cube, but leave the rich, complex flavours completely unaltered.
Even exponents of lukewarm whisky will agree this centuries-old Scandinavian trick looks effortlessly cool. And it'll fuel all of those rugged, windswept imaginings before the amber stuff has even passed your lips. Cheers!
- Not for use with large volume drinks
- Frozen alternative to drink-diluting ice-cubes
- Chills drinks without affecting their taste
- Milled in Vermont by the oldest soapstone workshop in the US
- Based on a centuries-old Scandinavian tradition
- Set of 9 stones + muslin storage bag
- A great gift for whisky drinkers
- Each Whisky Stone measures 2cm x 2cm x 2cm