Widely considered to be the result of highly advanced Gallifreyan technological experiments, the Sonic Screwdriver is an indispensable tool for any travelling Time Lord. But whether you’re an original member of the Prydonian Chapter, or simply a massive fan of the popular TV series, it’s been impossible to get your hands on the Mark VII. Until now.
Immaculately designed and packed full of features, this die cast metal model is hand detailed, with polished copper plating and an authentic soft touch grip. Painstakingly built to last; with a little bit of care and occasionally replaced batteries you’ll be able to use this Sonic Screwdriver up to your 13th incarnation (and beyond?).
But it’s not just a spectacularly detailed collectable replica, oh no; the Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver is also a fully programmable, gesture based Universal Remote Control! Utilising infrared technology to control everything from TV’s and DVD players to stereos and iPod docks, you’ll be able to make changes with just a flick of the wrist.
With the blessings of the BBC, the Sonic Screwdriver boasts 13 authentic special FX sounds from the Whoniverse and comes in a gorgeous presentation case. Including detailed instructions straight from the Doctor himself, you’ll be able to get started learning how to use it straight away.
With 4 Operational Modes, you can practice and program your gestures; use it as a full blown replica, or control your Earthly devices in either full FX mode or Quiet Control mode. Plus, just like the Doctor, you don’t want it falling into the wrong hands so when not in use you can lock the Sonic Screwdriver using your personal authorisation code.
- Styled on the Sonic Screwdriver as utilised by the eleventh Doctor
- Has limited functionality as an alien life-form tracking device, or as a lock pick
- Will not work on wooden machines, deadlock seals or in the presence of some hairdryers
- Doctor Who logo © BBC 2012. Licensed by BBC WW Ltd
- Only available online at Firebox
- Advanced gesture recognition technology – 3 banks of 13 gestures
- Die cast construction, copper plated, soft touch grip
- Control any infrared device including iPod docks, TVs and Blu-ray players
- Guided Setup – spoken prompts help you program your controls
- 13 authentic special FX sounds
- Illuminating tip lights up when in use and pulses on standby
- Personal Lock Code
- High quality presentation case
- Double sided illustrated instruction manual
- Measures approximately 27.5cm(L) x 7.7cm(H) x 5.6cm(D)
- Weighs approximately 450g