Struggling to find that perfect Father's Day present to really do your dad justice? We hear you. Other gifting websites would have you believe that all dads are just BBQ-grilling, sock-wearing simpletons. Not us! We've rounded up all the very best Father's Day gifts so you can steer clear of the boring clichés and surprise him this year.
What day is Father’s Day?In the UK, Father's Day is celebrated on the third Sunday in June. This year it’s Sunday, 20th June. Traditionally it’s the one day of the year where dads are lavished with gifts and attention… and we don’t ask to borrow their money or judge them for falling asleep in front of the telly.
Choosing the right Father’s Day present When it comes to gifting, Dad’s can be a tough nut to crack. “Don’t get me anything!” you hear them cry. But secretly all they want is for you to blow their mind with an amazing Father’s Day present! Whether he loves tinkering with the latest gadgets, experimenting with new recipes in the kitchen, or kicking back with a hot cup of gourmet coffee. We’re sure you’ll find the right Father’s Day present at Firebox - whatever your dad’s into.
Last Minute Father’s Day giftsIn a mad rush and frantically searching for that perfect last-minute Father’s Day present? Relax, we’ve got you covered. In times like these you can’t go wrong with the holy trinity of Father’s Day gifts - beer, chocolate and fun gadgets. Just as well we’ve got loads of them AND we offer Next Day delivery! What are you waiting for?
Five Quickfire Father’s Day facts
1. The first ever Father’s Day was celebrated on June 19, 1910. It was ‘invented’ by an American called Sonora Smart Dodd as a homage to her father who raised his six children all on his lonesome. What a hero!
2. The oldest ‘new’ father in the world is a fella called Ramjit Raghav. This curiously virile human had his first child with his wife at age 94, he then broke his own record (and probably his spine) by fathering a second child at the age of 96! 💪
3. In the UK, nearly 7 million Father's Day cards are sent each year! Sounds a lot… until you compare it to the 13 million cards sent on Mother’s Day! Hmmm, favouritism? 🤔
4. Allegedly the most popular Father’s Day gift is a tie! What a depressing state of affairs. 🙈 Make sure you treat your dad to an unusual Father’s Day present this year!
5. We could all learn a thing or two from how the German’s celebrate Father’s Day. “Vatertag”, as it’s known, is essentially a glutinous all day piss-up replete with platters of regional food and wagons loaded with beer. Now we’re talking.
Make it personal this Father’s DayThere's no one quite like your dad (well, apart from you, genetically speaking), so you need to make sure you get him a present that's just as unique! Our collection of unusual Personalised Father's Day gifts is just the ticket - we've got cushions with faces on, classy engraved barware, personalised father's day chocolate, and more!
Father’s Day gifts for new dads
Well congratulations! Your shiny new bundle of joy is probably a little young for online shopping but that doesn't mean you can't treat their dad to a cheeky first Father's day gift on their behalf! Give our Father's Day range a look and you'll find all sorts of inspiring present ideas for new dads.
What about Father’s Day gifts for Grandads?Good point, well made. We know you usually only treat your dad on Father's Day, but what about your dad's dad? Surely your grandad also deserves some recognition for helping to create such a fine lineage of humans? Luckily we’ve got an ever-growing collection of Fathers Day gifts for grandad so you can make sure you treat him as well!