Movies generally make life out to way more exciting, romantic, and eventful than the reality, so we’ve put together a collection of funny movie quotes that actually get it right. Life is less ‘rainbows and butterflies’, and more a permanent state of confusion, fatigue and hunger, as these movie quotes will attest to. So get scrolling and find comfort in the fact that you’re not alone; no one knows what they’re doing, and since none of us are getting out of here alive, does it really matter?
Have Your Own Main Character Moment
Okay, so we’ve established that a lot of movies portray life in a less-than-attainable way, but that doesn’t mean we can’t try. Channel your main character energy into these genius movie posters and you can feature in some true big-screen classics. Fake it until you make it, as they say. These quirky posters make the perfect gift for the movie buff in your life, or just those who love the limelight (we all know someone).
11 Funny Movie Quotes That Sum Up Life
1. “I don’t know how to play chess, but to me, life is like a game of chess.”
…and it check-mates us on a daily basis.
(Exit Through The Gift Shop – 2010)
2. “Here’s the deal, when life gives you lemons, just say f*ck the lemons and bail.”
Getting pretty tired of inspirational quotes telling us that we’re not allowed to give up. Sometimes we want to give up.
(Forgetting Sarah Marshall – 2008)
3. “You’re not even old enough to know how bad life gets.”
Remember when your favourite band split up and you thought you would never recover? Thank god we didn’t know about mortgage repayments and existential crises.
(The Virgin Suicides – 1999)
4. “What’s it like out there? Do people still dance? Are food trucks still a thing?”
Okay, so it’s been a while since we had a lock down, but is anyone else still struggling to remember how to interact with other humans?
(Ant-Man and the Wasp – 2018)
5. “You’re the Spider-man, from YouTube.”
Excuse us while we cry into our analogue comic book collection.
(Spider-Man: Homecoming – 2017)
6. “A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.”
Well, I guess that makes us unparalleled geniuses.
(Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory – 1971)
7. “Some people play hard to get, I play hard to want.”
It’s a gift.
(The Adventures of Ford Fairlane- 1990)
8. “Just ’cause some cute girl likes the same bizarro crap you do, that doesn’t make her your soulmate.”
But why not? *cries in single*
(500 Days of Summer – 2009)
9. “Why, sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.”
These things include leaving the house on time, going to the gym, not stopping at a McDonald’s drive through on the way home, having an early night, not overthinking everything, having money left over at the end of the month, etc.
(Alice in Wonderland- 1951)
10. “Started making it, had a break down, bon appetite.”
Okay, not technically a movie, but this is me whenever I serve dinner.
(The Great British Bake Off – 2019)
11. “Uuuuuuur ahhhhrrrrrr. Uhrrr ahhhrrrrr aaaahg.”
Chewbacca nailing it, as per.
(Star Wars: A New Hope – 1977)
Funny Movie Quotes Come with Matching Movie Gifts
Ever wondered what your favourite movie would look like if you were the main character? Check out our personalised movie posters where you can upload the face of your choice onto some classic film posters, or create your very own, original movie poster using your favourite photo. These genius gifts are not only hilarious, but they’ll make you look like you put a lot of thought into something that literally takes a few minutes to make. Just upload the photos, add your text and we’ll do the rest!